What We Do
We learn about the ever-changing immigration policies, we connect with our immigrant neighbors and then we take action so they do not have to live in fear.
We provide presentations and workshops to learn about immigration and turn what we have learned into action.
The Immigration Justice Team at UUAC meets every six weeks to coordinate activities at the church. Email updates are sent to the groups as needed.
Through Metrowest Immigrant Solidarity Network (MISN), we collaborate with other faith groups, provide accompaniment training, listen to testimonials from immigrant families and learn about the most effective ways we can help these families.
The Immigration Justice Team is an energized group of First Parishioners that is exploring the best ways to support the “at-risk” immigrant community.
Joining the team provides a chance to learn and reflect about the issues facing immigrants and offers opportunities for specific action to help them.
The Team takes action on four fronts:
- Community Support
- Immigration Presentation
- Upstander Training
- Screening of the documentary Papers with book discussion of Just Like Us
- Mythbusters section in the weekly newsletter
Raised funds for
- UU Bedford’s Sanctuary program
- The Workers Center in Framingham (CASA)
- Metrowest Immigrant Solidarity Network (MISN)
- Joined with MISN to help with tangible needs of newly arrived immigrant neighbors
- Wrote letters in support for immigrants held in detention.
- Attended rallies supporting immigrant rights.
- Go with immigrants to court and medical appointments.
Please Join Us. Protect Our Immigrant Neighbors.
Contact us at ImmigrationJustice@uuac.org.