Rev. Nathan Detering is our Senior Minister. Rev. Nathan began serving UUAC in 2003, and his portfolio includes preaching, teaching, pastoral care, public ministry/witness, and staff supervision. Rev. Nathan also serves as adjunct faculty at Andover-Newton Theological School. An avid cyclist, Nathan lives in Holliston with his wife and two children. Rev. Nathan can be reached at RevNathan@uuac.org.
Rev. Heather Concannon is our Minister of Faith Formation. Rev. Heather began serving at UUAC in 2014, and her portfolio includes children’s religious education programming, lifespan faith development, preaching, and worship leading. Rev. Heather can be reached at RevHeather@uuac.org.
Both of our ministers are available to meet with you for pastoral care, to answer questions, share concerns or joys, or to help think with you about how you might connect more to the life of the church. Both ministers are available to officiate rite of passage ceremonies , including child blessings/dedications, weddings, or memorial services.
WHEN TO CALL YOUR MINISTERS or LAY PASTORAL CARE VOLUNTEER
- When you or a family member are ill.
- When you, a family member, or a church member are in the hospital.
- When you are experiencing a life crisis and need to talk.
- When you are celebrating one of life’s joys and want to share it.
- When you have a child you wish to have blessed or dedicated.
- When you are looking for someone to listen to your thoughts and feelings.
- When you have a concern about our faith community.
- When you are feeling challenged by your life circumstances and want to talk.
- When you are considering joining the congregation.
- When you have tickets to the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, or Bruins (!).
- When you have good story to share.
- When you are feeling alone and want to be reminded of the support you have.
- When you want to talk about religion.
- When you have just finished a great book or have seen a good movie and want to share it with someone.
- When you are planning to get married or celebrate a commitment ceremony.
- When you just got promoted or demoted.
- When you have just won the lottery.
- When you would like to discuss your wishes for a memorial service.
- When you need spiritual direction.
- When you simply want to talk.
HOW TO REACH YOUR MINISTERS OR LAY PASTORAL CARE VOLUNTTERS: Call the church at 508-653-1422 to make an appointment with Rev. Nathan Detering, our Senior Minister, or Rev. Heather Concannon, our Minister of Faith Formation. You can also email Nathan at RevNathan@uuac.org, and Heather at RevHeather@uuac.org, and our Lay Pastoral Care Team at LayPastoralCare@uuac.org.