We, the Caring Ministries at UUAC, share a covenant with our congregation to:
- Help one another during times of emotional, spiritual or physical need
- Share our loving faith during times of joy as well as sorrow
- Support and affirm each other’s dignity and worth during life-altering challenges
- Offer connection, so that no person need struggle alone
Lay Pastoral Care
The Pastoral Care Associates are lay members of our congregation who assist the ministers in fulfilling their pastoral responsibilities to the congregation. Pastoral Care Associates:
- Visit members of the congregation who are no longer able to attend services or could use extra support and connection to the congregation;
- Support the ministers in leading memorial services at the church;
- Offer spiritual care and companionship to the congregation through individual visits and other initiatives.
Pastoral Care Associates are trained and supervised by the ministers and consult or may share information with one another and with the ministers, but hold confidentiality within the group. Pastoral care services, whether provided by our ministers or by our Pastoral Care Associates, are not intended to replace professional medical, clinical, social, or protective services or interventions.
To contact the Pastoral Care Associates, please email email@example.com.
The Caring Committee provides short-term, physical help to individuals and families within our congregation who are in need. While we cannot offer emergency or ongoing services, we can offer our collective love through support with:
- rides for medical appointments, transportation to church events
- check-ins for those who feel isolated
- cards for celebrations as well as hardships, and help to organize resources during times of crisis
Because it is sometimes difficult to ask for help, the Caring Committee relies upon our entire congregation to identify and communicate the needs of our parishioners. We work with our Ministers and Pastoral Care Associates, in confidence, to coordinate care.
To contact the Caring Committee email Caring@uuac.org.