Open to women who are members or friends of the UUAC, the Alliance sponsors educational, social, and enrichment activities.
The Alliance provides opportunities to become involved with women’s issues at home and across the globe. Dues are $10 per year and we meet formally several times per year.
The Women’s Alliance of UUAC has a long and rich history of providing support for our beloved community. We hope in the coming year to document that story and celebrate our many decades of service.
Listed are annual; for specific dates and other details about these and other Women’s Alliance sponsored events see the weekly email newsletter: This Week @ UUAC and the weekly Order of Service during the year.
- The Gathering, a program to nourish the mind and spirit. Open to the women of our church, The Gathering is an opportunity to deepen relations and share our gifts.
- Soup Supper, a multigenerational event that offers an opportunity to learn from each other.
- Tea & GANS Fashion Show, celebrating all that the Good As New Shop (GANS).
- Annual Meeting, held in June each at the end of each church year.
The Women’s Alliance of the UUAC affirms and nourishes the diverse spiritual, emotional and personal aspirations of the women in our community and is committed to the Unitarian Universalist Principles.
What does the Women’s Alliance do?
- Pledges to the UUAC’s annual operating budget from funds received by running the Good As New Shop (GANS).
- Provides scholarships and other financial support for church members to attend UU-sponsored activities, such as General Assembly. Grant Application
- Sponsors the annual Strawberry Picnic, occasional field trips, book discussions and speakers.
- Sponsors special programs to nourish the spirit, such as The Gathering, a program to invoke the healing power of women’s wisdom through shared story, song, chant, prayer and ritual.
- Funds local and global organizations that support and uplift women including:
Voices Against Violence
UNICEF-KIND (Kids in need of desks)
Barka MHM Project
Southwest Indian Foundation
Homeless families – Family Promise
Locally Trafficked women – RIA house
Trafficked women/children in Asia
Her Future Coalition, St. Augustine, FL
Abused women – UUUM Renewal House
Women suffering from obstetric fistula globally
Fistula Foundation, San Jose, CA
If you would like to nominate an organization or program, click HERE for the Charitable Giving Application.