As Unitarian Universalists, we covenant with ourselves and each other to nourish our spirit and help heal the world. Over the course of the coming year, in the words and music of Sunday services, in covenant groups, and in personal reflection and practice, we are invited to engage together a series of spiritual themes and theological concepts – one each month through the cycle of the year.
It is our hope that themes will help deepen individual faith practices and provide spiritual renewal in the midst of a busy life.
Monthly Themes for 2021 – 2022
- September – Homecoming
- October – Presence
- November – Loss
- December – Harmony
- January – Family Values
Monthly Themes for 2019 – 2020
- September – Family: The Practice of Abundance
- October – Worry: The Practice of Possibility
- November – Communion: The Practice of Simplicity
- December – Light: The Practice of Blessing
- January – Solace: The Practice of Tenderness
- February – Diversity: The Practice of Abundance
- March – Identity: The Practice of Story
- April – Unitarian Universalism: The Practice of Love
- May – Growing: The Practice of Discernment
Archived Themes: Fall 2012 – Spring 2019
Sundays and Beyond
In most months, at least one Sunday worship will touch upon the theme through readings, music, the sermon, or the children’s message. In addition, some of our covenant groups – small groups of adults who gather once a month with a trained facilitator – may use their monthly sessions to reflect together on how the theme touches their lives (contact Pam Webb to register).
Finally, questions for reflection and readings will be offered each month in worship order of service, in the newsletter, and on this page.