The Board of Directors (the Board) is the elected governing body of the Church. The Board is comprised of the Officers: President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Clerk, and the Directors: Finance, Personnel, Building and Grounds, and Director(s)-at-Large. The Minister(s) and the Immediate Past President are ex-officio and non-voting members of the Board.
The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic and operational goals of the Church;
- Conducting/approving Church business transactions, acting on behalf of the Church;
- Approving a fiscal year budget, developed by the Finance Committee, and submitted for vote by the Congregation at the Annual Church Meeting;
- Approving the employment of paid Church staff, except for the called Minister(s);
- Appointing special committees where needed to advise and assist the Board in carrying out its responsibilities, in conjunction with the Minister(s).
Other leadership and governance offices:
Chair, UUAC Trust
Chair, First Parish at Sherborn Trust
Chair, Lay Leadership Development Team